Wednesday, August 14th, 2019
Not all payment gateways can suit a business’s specific needs. If you are going to pick the perfect match, then you must know what services a vendor offers.
A payment gateway can be defined as an online payment avenue that accepts customers’ card data, transmit their charges, and assists merchants manage any payments that are made through their ecommerce sites.
Payment service providers manage gateways, and they allow for direct or credit card payments online.
Their role is to;
- Encrypt data
- Fill and process an order through a merchant’s website
- Authorize payments
- Verify delivery addresses
Here will discuss the top 2 payment gateways and what they do best.
Worldpay is UK’s number one payment processor taking care of nearly half of all the nations’ payments and has excellent offerings for micro-businesses.
- Secure payments
- Pricing plans are flexible
- Accepts all major cards
- “Pay by link” feature saves on time
- Transaction charges vary
- It doesn’t come as a full ecommerce package
Features of Worldpay payment gateway
- Flexible; works with over 100 currencies plus main credit and debit and credit cards, as well as PayPal.
- Comprehensive – includes a merchant account to use as your checking account for all card transactions
- Secure –includes full fraud screening to protects a merchant and their shoppers.
Worldpay is Ideal for
This service is the best for markets that offer flexible services and don’t request signup fees. However, it is not an all-inclusive ecommerce solution so a merchant may need to partner with third-party ecommerce markets like Wix or BigCommerce to enjoy these services.
2. PayPal’s Payflow Gateway
PayPal’s payment gateway, known as the Payflow Gateway, serves over 220 million global users. It features pocket-friendly solutions for online retailers with ambitious sales than those with so smaller targets.
Payflow Gateway Advantages
- PayPal makes it easy to pay
- Hassle-free setup
- Works with mobile-friendly websites
- Takes International cards
- Robust security and fraud protection
- High fees for low sales
- The free version comes across as basic
Features of PayPal’s Payflow Gateway
- Easy to use – a flexible, customer-friendly, and customizable solution to suit your brand’s needs.
- International – trade overseas and receive payments from all over the globe.
- Safe – an encrypted platform with strict PCI compliance
- Flexible – accepts all major credit cards.
- A market player – integrates with most online marketplaces.
- Superfast– settles payments in 2 to 3 days.
PayPal’s Payflow is Best for
This gateway works for startups, newbies, and micro-businesses. PayPal Payments Pro Allows merchants to create a customizable web-based payment platform so your customers won’t need a PayPal account to buy from you.
Topics discussed in this article:
- Payment Gateway comparison