Wednesday, January 5th, 2022
Are you preparing to revamp business processes in the New Year? Or launch your startup? If so, one of the many systems you might be looking at improving is your POS (point of sale) system. Your POS system is fundamental to your small business’ operations. With so many providers offering different products and services, it can be hard to pinpoint which one is right for you.
Thanks to the experts at Best Payment Providers, this task just got a little bit easier. After thorough research and an in-depth analysis, here is a list of the best POS uk systems for small businesses. Keep in mind the right provider for you will depend on the type of industry your business operates in.
If you own a retail business, you’ll be glad to hear there are several POS systems that work well for your industry.
- EPOS Now Complete POS – Great for a growing business. This solution comes as a package with everything you need, including the terminal receipt printer, cash drawer, installation, configuration and training. The best option on the market for small businesses.
- EPOS Now Retail System – Superior in customer support and training function. This solution allows retail businesses to add more systems as required. Also one of the best options on the market for small businesses, it too comes with everything you need to get started and grow.
If you are part of the hospitality industry, you know there are many challenges other business types do not have to handle, like menu changes. Here are some of the top POS systems for hospitality business:
- Nobly POS – Best known for working with wifi. This system is great for businesses large and small and is focused towards the needs of bars, coffee shops and restaurants. It not only logs sales and stock information, but also then presents the data in a way that helps you make informed decisions on menu changes and stock updates.
- TouchBistro Restaurant and Hospitality POS System – Combines speed and customization. This solution combines speed and agility with industry-specific features that help you run your business effectively. WIth this system, your staff can be mobile and easily relay information without errors.
Does your business regularly have to work off-site? Or do you frequently set up a pop-up and need tools to take with you? Here are two of the best POS systems for mobile, pop-up or off-site businesses:
- EPOS Direct – Excellent when working offline. This option works well for businesses like retail, cafes, deli, takeaways, restaurants and bars. It includes a mobile tablet, a cash drawer, a thermal printer and Emperium EPOS software. With three different POS packages, you can find an affordable option that suits your needs.
- VendHQ Mobile System – Good for growing a mobile business. Many small and medium-sized businesses like pop-up shops, market traders and food vans prefer this option. It also offers a range of packages, ensuring each business owner can find a solution that best fits their unique needs.
All in all, the key to finding the right POS system is first searching for a provider that specializes in working with your business type. They will have a better grasp of the needs and challenges your industry faces, and create a product that meets those unique needs and demands.